Yes, after what seems like forever and ago that I decided to share my internship experiences, I finally sat down and actually started to recollect my thoughts to write Chapter 1, How it all began.
Thankfully I did keep a journal throughout most of my Fashion PR related experiences so it’s just a matter of perusing through them to jog my memory on each.
Since I started sharing my internship experiences, I’ve received a handful of emails with questions for advice and questions about finding volunteer/internship/job postings. Don’t be shy, feel free to leave your question in the comments section. I will answer it under the comments too so others can benefit from your question!
I’ve been on a bit of an Internet hiatus over the holidays… in between jobs i’ve granted myself an extended break and have just been getting back into the swing of things now. I felt the need to get offline for a bit and make face time with friends and family.
I’m back now and it’s already seven days into 2009! I swear the older you get the faster time flies.
I always like to start my new year’s off with new goals and resolutions. This would be my attempt to rid of the old and bad habits from the previous year to be the best that I can be this year. Ofcourse re-iterating them to myself isn’t good enough, I need to solidify my commitment to these goals by writing them somewhere… so here are some of them for this year:
- Finish writing My Intern Diaries because my experiences are such a worthwhile read.
- Skim The Star, Globe, National Post, Toronto Sun, and New York Times everyday, even though I don’t have subscriptions to any of them. It was a great habit I picked up interning at Corus and besides, I can’t only read fashion related news. Keeping abreast with world events is also important. HA!
- Buy a new wardrobe. By wardrobe I mean, yes you’ve guessed it… new clothes, shoes, and purses. It’s my goal every year but somehow the term wardrobe never sufficiently encompasses my superficial wants at it’s entirety.
- Go on vacation. Preferably somewhere tropical.
- I’m embarrassed to say this because everyone seems to already know how to use this program, but learn Adobe Photoshop.
I could go on forever but I’ll keep it real and somewhat attainable. Hope everyone has a successful and memorable 2009!